Cosplay A.L.I.V.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cosplay A.L.I.V.E
Cosplay A.L.I.V.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nammers Registration Form

5 posters

Go down

Nammers Registration Form Empty Nammers Registration Form

Post by Nammers Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 pm

RL Name: Gabrielle
City: Washington, Pa
*State: Pennsylvania

*Why you want to join: My friend Yuki (on the site) told me about this site and I thought it would be fun to meet other people who are in the same stuff I am. My parents try to get in to this stuff and understand. They do like some of the shows watch and games I play, but when it comes to cosplay they are a little lost. They only thing I get from them is “AWWW you look cute.” And my aunt gives me the “And your how old?” and Yuki is my only real friend here in Washington, so it would be nice to have a little more interaction with people like me. Yuki got me into cosplaying and now I just want to broaden my experience. This group seems like super fun and a good way to hang out with some awesome people that I can relate to.

*Your cosplay experience (i.e. how long have you been cosplaying): This is my first year to Cosplay. I started last July at Otakon and I have been loving it ever since.

*How you portray what being "in character" is in detail: Being in character means to become a character fully. You are able to fully submerge yourself in every aspect of the characters being. You take on your character complete personality, their likes, dislikes, their habits, and even the way the talk and act. You know your character so well that no matter what the situation is you are able to act as they would or might act. It is the ultimate game of acting and reacting.

*Example of your "in character" experience in detail (if you have one): I have no real in character experiences. I am on a role playing that Yuki started but I believe that writing as a character and acting in person as a character are two different experiences. I have the one experience down now I would like to get the other on down. Well now that I think about it I was in two musicals in High school (if that counts). Hey I had to act like a character. I was in Annie where I played on of Annie’s best friends in the orphanage. The girl’s name was July. She was one of the oldest orphans and she was tough and caused fight with the other older orphans when they would pick on the younger ones. And of course, she was protective of the younger orphans and kept their heads up when Annie left. The other play I was in was called “Anything goes” where I played a backup singer who was called an Angel (but she was anything but) her name was Virtue and she was a bit sleazy (okay she was more the just a bit sleazy). So if play and musical count then that would be my in character experience.

*Which character you would like to have and why: I would like to be Lady Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Middleford of Scotney aka Lizzie from “Black Butler” because she if a fun, of-the-wall kind of character. She just makes me happy and acting like her would be pure fun. I already have her outfit and I plan on cosplaying her at Cons and it would be sweet if I could remain in character the whole time. I already consider her to be one side of my personality as it is. If I can’t be her then I will switch over to my more serious and tough side and would like to be Maka Albarn from “Soul Eater.” The truth is that both the characters I already have some of the personality for so going into character isn’t going to be that difficult, the difficult part is getting back out of character when all is said and done.

*Have you read the Q&A and Rules?: I fully read & understood all the rules.

*Do you plan on attending some of the events (if you are able to make it): As long as i don’t have work or class and Yuki can bring me then I will most definitely come.

* Describe to me how you prepare your cosplay. What elements do you being together for your costume?: Well again I learn from Yuki, so i go to stories like Goodwill, Walmart and Target and get articles of clothing that match very closely to the character I am cosplaying as. Wigs I get around Halloween time or on Ebay. The only Cosplay I have actually bought custom-made for me is Lady Elizabeth.

Anything special you'd like to bring into the community?: I am just looking to have fun and learn how to perfect my character. I am an animation student and this experience could help me keep the characters that I create in their original personalities. So this is a learning experience for me. If anything you would be helping me out.

Additional Questions: Say your character has a British accent, do we have to attempt the accents or is it okay as long as we have the personality down?
Nammers
Nammers

Character sheet
Main Character: Lady Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Middleford

Back to top Go down

Nammers Registration Form Empty Re: Nammers Registration Form

Post by Lee~ Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:58 pm

:DDDDDD
OMG! WELCOME! <3~

I can't wait to see your Lizzy cosplay~ n_n
Lee~
Lee~
Average Member
Average Member

Character sheet
Main Character: Ronald Knox

http://x-inki-x.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jii Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 am

Hi!! I'm glad to see you decided to join us Smile

Lizzy is a pretty simple character. Razz
May I please just give some positive advice that Halloween wigs are really bad for cosplay. Since they are made from plastic and look really bad in photos and cheap on your character. n_n

I'm looking forward to seeing your interview with lizzy, as a next step to seeing if you can get her character.
Yuki still needs to do that as well.

As for your question. When I cosplay Ciel, I do use a British accent, because he would have it. Smile I encourage you using one too if you can. ^^

Jii
Jii
Admin

Character sheet
Main Character: Kokonoe

http://jii-desu.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nammers Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 am

Yes I found out the hard way the Halloween wigs are not at all good Embarassed (it was my first cosplay and I was doing Namine) but I promise you that Lizzie’s wig is not a Halloween wig, I actually went out of my way to buy her wig and dress. I am already working on the interview part Very Happy I will try to get it in by Tuesday. And I will also work on my British Accent (It is not that good, but I will do it.)
Thank you very much Jii and Lee Very Happy
Nammers
Nammers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Henshin_Hero Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:07 am

welcome to the group Nammers XD thats some awesome and silly name you got there

also i recommend watching lots of British films and some British youtube footage eventually the exposure will probably help you deliver the accent better
Henshin_Hero
Henshin_Hero
Average Member
Average Member

Character sheet
Main Character: Ragna the Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jii Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:53 am

A good way I get my british accent going is after watching harry potter, I'm ready to go! lol
Jii
Jii
Admin

Character sheet
Main Character: Kokonoe

http://jii-desu.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Henshin_Hero Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 am

lawl, you would
Henshin_Hero
Henshin_Hero
Average Member
Average Member

Character sheet
Main Character: Ragna the Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Neko Zombie Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 am

welcome to the group hon. Can;t wait to see ya
Neko Zombie
Neko Zombie
Average Member
Average Member

Character sheet
Main Character: Rangiku Matsumoto

http://yuki-maru.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nammers Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 am

Thanks eveyone Very Happy And the harry potter movies is what i was thinking about too Laughing and you can thank Yuki for my nickname it's all because Namine was my fav Kh character cat
Nammers
Nammers

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down